RETURNING INTERNATIONAL HOUSE APPLICANTS
You are considered a returning International House applicant if you lived in International House during the Fall 2019 and/or Winter 2020 terms.
Returner applications are due by 12:00 noon on January 31, 2020.
If you do not complete your application by this deadline for early selection, you may still submit your application by the NEW Applicant selection deadlines, but your application will be evaluated as part of the new applicant group.
Complete the online Residence Application for 2020/21 Upper Year Dormitory and create and submit your hard-copy Profile Poster (see below) to the East Campus Residence Services Office. Please be sure to write your name and your UAlberta student ID number on the back of your poster.
Each applicant must create an 11 x 17 sized hard-copy Profile Poster. We encourage you to be creative and really show us who you are! All of the profiles will be laminated and displayed publicly in the I-House Hall of Honour on the first floor to showcase returning residents as mentors in the community.
Your profile must include:
- Your name
- A clear, easily identifiable photo of you, by yourself, that will allow newcomers to easily recognize you (no smaller than 4 X 4 inches or 10 X 10 centimetres). Please do not use photos that cover your face differently than you would normally appear in the community.
- Three statements that begin with and complete the following phrases:
- Last year I...(write about and show how you contributed to the International House community. Use specific examples of events, projects or initiatives that you organized)
- I can help you with...(write about and show what you can best help new residents with)
- My International House dream is...(write about and show something real and practical that you want to make happen in International House)
- Up to three statements completed by one to three 2019-2020 International House residents that address any of the following:
- Three adjectives that describe (the applicant) are:
- My favourite memory of (the applicant) is:
- (The applicant) is a great International House neighbour because:
- Something you might not know about (the applicant) is that:
- (The applicant) is: (anything not covered in the question above)
- Anything else that you would like to include. Please be as artistic and creative as you would like in order to express your personality and to introduce yourself as an International House returner.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted by January 31, 2020 without a profile poster will not be considered.