For all residences except Augustana:

Residence Application and Room Offer

  1. Every residence application MUST be accompanied by the non-refundable $25 residence application fee.
  2. A room offer will be sent by email to your University of Alberta email address - you must add "" to your email safe list.
  3. The official date of the room offer is the sent date of the email NOT the date that the room offer is received.
  4. You will be required to pay a $500 Residence Deposit to accept your room offer and hold your space.

If you are no longer interested in residence housing at the University of Alberta, please cancel your residence application immediately. If you'd like to change your application to residence, learn more here.

How do I cancel my application?

Log into your residence account and click the “Cancel My Application” link in the 2020-2021 Fall/Winter Residence Applications section.

If I cancel my housing reservation after submitting a Confirmation Contract and Residence Deposit, what happens?

Recognizing the uncertainty caused by COVID-19, for Fall 2020 if you accept your room offer and then cancel your housing reservation before you arrive you will be eligible for a refund of the $500 residence deposit.

I was NOT accepted to the University of Alberta - am I eligible for a refund of my Residence Deposit?

You must inform Residence Services within 10 days of your notification with a copy of your non-admittance notice (email or hard copy) to be eligible for a refund of the $500 Residence Deposit.

If I am an International Student and my Visa Application is denied, am I eligible for a refund of my Residence Deposit?

If you notify Residence Services in writing (email or hard copy) within 10 days of your notification with a copy of your visa refusal letter AND before your residence move-in date, you will be eligible for a refund of your $500 Residence Deposit.

If I cancel my application after picking up my keys, what happens?

If you or your proxy picks up your keys, then your contract has started. If you decide not to live in residence after that time, you must submit a Notice to Vacate form. Please see our Move Out page for more details on moving out of residence.

We understand that circumstances are still uncertain and situations may change throughout the fall. Just as we have worked with students throughout this pandemic, Residence Services is committed to being flexible to students’ changing situations and needs during this health emergency.