Apply for Residence

Hooray, you're interested in residence at the University of Alberta!

1. Apply to the University of Alberta
You need a Campus Computing ID (CCID) to access the online residence application form. You do not need to have final admission to apply for residence - you simply need to apply to UAlberta to receive your CCID. Your CCID will be activated in the Residence Services housing system 72-96 hours after you receive it which will allow you to apply for residence online. Our cancellation policy explains how to receive a refund of residence fees paid if final admission is not granted.   

Applications for residence for the fall term open on October 1st of the previous year! 

2. Choose your residence
To choose the best residence for you, please review our "Our Residences" section before submitting your application. 

*NOTE: You may only apply for one residence for a given term. 

3. Complete your application
The residence application is available online.

You must pay the $25 residence application fee by credit card (VISA, MasterCard and American Express only) at the time you submit your application.

4. Submitting your application
After you have completed and submitted your application, the application will be processed by the corresponding Residence Services Office.

Please note that the processing of your application does not indicate a guaranteed place in residence.

At a later date you will either:

  1. Be offered a space in the residence you requested by email* OR
  2. Be placed on a wait list

If applying to East Campus Village or HUB, please note that these units are rented on a monthly basis and assignments may be completed as late as one month before your requested move-in date.

Before applying for residence, you are responsible for reviewing the following pages:

*Remember to add housing@ualberta to your email safe list so that you don't miss your room offer or updates about your application status. 


Residence Services strives to accommodate special needs or concerns to the best of our ability. Please contact us for assistance with accommodation of special needs before you apply for residence.